Innova-tsn committed to the environment
Climate change is one of the greatest challenges we face nowadays, yet it is only in the last few decades that measures to remedy it have been analysed and taken.
Climate change can be considered a global problem with local impact on the physical, cultural, social, and economic environment. Therefore, the existence of a shared (albeit differentiated) responsibility means that, in addition to acting on a global and national scale, it is also necessary to move at ground level, at a local level and from each company or organisation, whether public or private.
Since its creation, Innova-tsn has been aware of its responsibility to care for and make our planet more inhabitable. This commitment extends to our team in the activities we carry out every day with the transmission of instructions, recommendations, and best practices in the responsible consumption of energy and aims to consolidate the image of Innova-tsn as a company committed to the environment and with a determined aspiration for sustainability and responsibility to contribute to its improvement through increasingly sustainable practices. Two strategies stand out among the practices for dealing with climate change:
- Adaptation: accepting the impact and adapting to it.
- Mitigation: reducing emissions in order to minimise their effects.
Innova-tsn advocates mitigation, acting preventively, and taking the lead in reducing our carbon footprint.
A carbon footprint consists of the measurement of greenhouse effect gases (GHG) directly or indirectly released by the organisation and shows the environmental impact by making an inventory of emissions linked to the different GHGs. Once the size of the footprint has been calculated, mitigation and/or compensation measures can be implemented.
Although several methods for the calculation of the carbon footprint exist, we have opted for the Greenhouse Gas Protocol Corporate Standard (GHG Protocol), one of the most widely used international protocols for quantifying and managing GHG emissions.
The objectives that Innova-tsn has met with the measurement include:
- To have a corporate carbon footprint that makes it possible to diagnose and compare the evolution of the company’s emissions generation over time (the calculation has covered the period 2019-2022).
- To measure the impact on the climate of the activities carried out by the organisation in order to plan future mitigation and compensation actions.
- Verification and certification of the Measurement Report. Thanks to this certification, the report above can be registered with the MITERD (Spain’s Ministry for Ecological Transition and the Demographic Challenge) to obtain the CALCULO seal, initially, and the REDUZCO seal in later phases.
- Sharing and highlighting Innova-tsn’s eco-responsible commitment in line with policies to combat climate change.
In conclusion, as we face the challenges of the modern world and fight for a more sustainable future, understanding and reducing our carbon footprint is vitally important. Individual actions, when combined with the actions of large entities, can create a significant impact on a global scale. In doing so, we not only reduce our impact on the environment, but also inspire others to join in. Together we can make a difference, one step at a time.